- Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a vital molecule for skin health. It contains ascorbic acid, which helps make your sweat glands function. It can also help protect the skin from external stressors, such as the sun. Additionally, it is considered to be an antioxidant, and it naturally makes your skin stronger.
Recommendations: Add citrus fruits like lemons, kiwis, or pineapple to your diet and Mirica ® Immune twice a day.
- Vitamin E
Vitamin E has an antioxidant effect on the cell membrane. Additionally, it helps to renew cells and improves the health of the skin and hair. That's why it is an important vitamin for the summer season.*
Recommendation: Black grapes. Black grapes effectively block the sun’s harmful rays and have a high dose of antioxidants that help with wrinkles and an increase in the skin’s elasticity. The fruit also has a good amount of Vitamin E, which keeps the skin moisturized.
- Mood Support
Power your way through summer with Mirica ® Mood Lift. It contains ingredients that promote a positive mood, like Tyrosine, which is essential in the production of mood-boosting neurotransmitters. And Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA), a naturally occurring lipid that promotes a healthy nervous system function.* Mirica ® Mood Lift gives you the energy you need to make the most of your summer!
- Vitamin D
As vitamin D is synthesized from sunlight, it can fall to critical levels during the long winter months. Therefore, it is best to stop this drop in levels and increase the amount of vitamin D in the body during the summer, so your body can prepare itself for the winter. Problems caused by vitamin D deficiency include listlessness, joint and muscle pain, weight gain, and digestive issues.*
- Fruit Spotlight: Watermelon
Watermelon is a good source of lycopene, a red carotenoid that protects the skin against sunburn and skin cancer. It is at least twice as effective an antioxidant as beta carotene to block UV light. Lycopene can also help the fight against wrinkles as it protects the skin cells from the sun’s burning rays.
- Watermelon has a high water content. This makes it hydrating and helps you feel full.
- Contains Nutrients and Beneficial Plant Compounds. For example Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Potassium, Magnesium, and Vitamins B1, B5, and B6.
- Watermelon may help lower inflammation and oxidative damage, as it’s rich in the anti-inflammatory antioxidants lycopene and vitamin C.
Besides its health benefits, Watermelon is just delicious!
* The statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.